At HomeHak, we know how much landlords and letting agents care about references when selecting tenants for their properties. That's why we've made it easy for you to request and collect references through the platform to have multiple connections vouch for you upfront.
Requesting references on HomeHak
Follow these steps to request reference directly through HomeHak:
- Log in and go to settings. You will find it by clicking on your name at the top right-hand corner.
- Scroll down and go to the section "ENGAGE WITH OTHERS."
- Click on "References for me."
- Click on "Request a new reference."
- Fill in the fields (first name is mandatory, and email address are mandatory fields).
As you can see in the above image, we have prepared a template you can use to request references. Feel free to edit the message and make it more personal before sending the request.
Previous agent, employer, co-tenant, educator, etc. Choose who the person you are requesting a reference is:
Lastly, select how and when you would like HomeHak to request a reference to support your Tenant CV. If you prefer to talk to your referee before sending the request, you can schedule the message to be sent at a later stage.