Get your household ready to apply for properties together!
Unique to HomeHak is that individual home-seekers can join their Tenant CVs to form ready-made households. A family or a group of friends, classmates or co-workers can make a ready-made household by joining Tenant CVs and applying as co-applicants.
Have a look at Hanna's Tenant CV to see what the co-applicant feature looks like.
Why is it a good idea to apply as a ready-made household?
If you are looking for a home to live with somebody else, be it your partner, your family or friends, we highly recommend that all members of the prospective household create their own Tenant CV. This would allow landlords to get to know the group as a whole, further increasing your chances of being selected for a home.
Joining your HomeHak Tenant CVs together and applying for homes as a ready make-household has many advantages:
- Landlords and letting agents are more likely to select an organised group who want to live together instead of choosing a group of strangers for their property.
- Housemates who have good chemistry and are happy will probably stay longer on the property and take care of it. Landlords and letting agents know this!
- Applying for homes as a group opens up the range of homes available to apply for. Let's say you and your three friends have a monthly rent target of €800. If you apply as a ready-made household, you can now apply for homes up to €2,400 p.m.
- When applying as a ready-made household, landlords and letting agents receive all the applicants' information in a consistent format, upfront and in a way that helps to manage their GDPR responsibilities. Another reason for them to select you for a home!
How to invite co-applicants on HomeHak
You can choose to invite other tenants as co-applicants:
- First, click on your profile picture at the top right corner and then on "Settings, Create Profile, Menu".
- Under "Engage with other", go to the fifth option "My co-applicants".
- On the top of the screen, you will see the banner "Invite a co-applicant by sending an invitation." You can send a link to invite your co-applicant/s via email, Whatsapp, Facebook, Messenger, LinkedIn or Twitter.
Your partner, friends, colleagues or family members will receive an invitation to see your HomeHak Tenant CV and create their own.
How to find co-applicants already existing on HomeHak
Sometimes, home seekers apply for properties on their own simply because they are new in the city and don’t know other people that are also searching for a home. If you are looking for people to share accommodation with, HomeHak can help you find your future housemates.
Individual home seekers can select other like-minded members of HomeHak (such as people working in the same company or studying in the same university) to join their Tenant CVs and apply for homes together.
Not every HomeHak member is open to co-applicants. Some prefer to live on their own or with their family or friends. If you'd like to find people who might also be willing to apply as a ready-made household with other members, go to the HomeHak Tenant Selector and follow these steps:
Once you have found like-minded people with, for instance, a similar commute or rent target, click on "Invite as co-applicant", the red option that appears beside "See Full Tenant CV".
Something you must know
To join with another member, they need to first review your Tenant CV. Therefore, your home search status CANNOT be "Profile Hidden".
If you want to look for co-applicants today, visit HomeHak Tenant Selector.
Article is closed for comments.