How to set up HomeHak as a tenant, so you can rent the home you want.
HomeHak cuts the time tenants spend on repetitive renting applications. It builds trustworthiness and gets tenants selected for homes to rent.
This article explains the process of setting up HomeHak helps tenants to stand out from the crowd and secure the home they want to rent.
HomeHak flips the home search process on its head for tenants. Instead of everything being about the property, HomeHak makes everything about you and what you need. Store your home-related data in HomeHak and use it safely when you need it to get the home you love.
Renting your ideal home is like securing your ideal job.
Imagine searching for your ideal home was like searching for your ideal job. The process for finding an ideal home with HomeHak is similar. When searching for a job you create your best job CV and update your LinkedIn profile. Next, you line up your references. Then when you apply for roles you want, you send your CV and a link to your LinkedIn profile. When you get an interview - you make your best impression so you get selected! HomeHak brings this process to home-searching and improves it.
How to get selected for a home using HomeHak.
Consider your HomeHak Tenant CV as the tool you use to demonstrate why you should be selected for the properties you want to rent. Input accurate and honest information. Use the tools provided to demonstrate you are organised and trustworthy. The platform will help you present the best version of yourself. The HomeHak process makes selecting you easier for Landlords and Letting agents, so give them a good Tenant CV and there is little reason not to favour your application for a property.
Make sure your tenant CV is as impressive as possible. Begin with the "Start Here" section. When you complete each section, the "Profile status" slider helps you see the strength of your Tenant CV and reminds you which sections may need attention.
- Input information about yourself section by section. HomeHak is mobile-optimised, however, as with any website, it is quicker to enter data on a desktop or laptop. Everything you input is kept private by default. Don't worry, nobody can find your data without you actively making it public first. You can decide what to show as public/private later, once you've entered your information.
- Outline what you are searching for as your perfect rental home. This helps people with properties to match what they have with your needs. If you wish, join with friends as co-applicants to apply as a ready-made household. Send them an invite from the Co-applicants section.
- Build your Trustworthiness with the tools provided;
- ID Verification by Stripe is built-in to HomeHak and only takes 3 minutes. This feature uses state-of-the art technology and is provided to tenants who want to demonstrate upfront they are trustworthy.
- Request references from landlords, employers, working professionals and friends as you go. The more you have, the more trustworthy your Tenant CV is, and the sooner they vouch for you the better. When your contacts respond to your request, their references slot in neatly to your Tenant CV and are stored forever. References are one of the most important factors on your Tenant CV.
This is important. In the "Quick Privacy Settings" section, decide how much information you want to share in your Tenant CV. You can use a Pre-view Tenant CV for a start, and when offered a place you like can share more information on your Full Tenant CV. The Pre-view tenant CV summarises what you have ready to go on your Full Tennant CV. It proves you are organised, without letting everybody see the details.
When you're ready to apply for properties, make sure you visit the "Home Search Status" section and select the "Searching" option. If you don't select the correct status then your Tenant CV will be hidden from view. If you want agents and landlords to see your impressive Tenant CV - press a "Searching" button. When the "Display my Tenant CV" button is clicked your Tenant CV is displayed on HomeHak Tenant Selector. This means landlords and agents can search and select your tenant CV and offer you a viewing of their property. This can happen before the property is advertised to everybody, which helps HomeHam members stand out from the crowd.
Apply for a home anywhere: on a Letting Agent Website, a Facebook group, email a Landlord, or a Property Manager. Just submit or email the link to your pre-prepared HomeHak Tenant CV. It only takes a few seconds and you can submit it as often as you like. If there are any issues with Property Websites (some make it harder for tenants to include web links), offer to email or Direct Message the Tenant CV link directly. You can also send your Tenant CV Link by SMS or WhatsApp to the agents or landlords mobile phone number. No more repetitive completing of applications on different websites.
The most efficient process by far is to apply for properties that are listed on HomeHak. Your Tenant CV will appear on the search results of Landlords and Agents if they have a property on HomeHak. Also, when there is a change of status with these properties you will be kept up to date. HomeHak is primarily a product to help Tenants apply and get selected for homes on property websites, but in time there may be more properties listed on the platform.
You can also keep track of all the properties you apply for in the "My Properties" section. See all properties on one map in relation to important locations like your workplace or your co-applicants workplaces. You can also note your comments for each property and give a rating that is only visible to you. It can be hard to keep track of all the places and this tool helps you stay organised.
When you have secured your new home, update your status in the "Home Search Status" section to "Dormant" or "Profile hidden".
It's also a good idea to store photos or a video of your new property in the Documents section on your account before you move in. This could help a lot in the event of any disputes in future. Your references, documents, ID verification - remain in place ready for when you need them in future, at your discretion.
- Store your data and sensitive documents safely in one place on HomeHak.
- Landlords and Agents impressed with your credentials can bookmark your Tenant CV for upcoming properties.
- Know what's happening: You can review activity in your HomeHak Profile Analytics dashboard. See when Landlords and Agents review your Tenant CV. Don't be in the dark about your applications. Know if you are being considered.