This guide explains how the "Lead Administrator" in a letting agency invites colleagues to become members of the letting agency account on HomeHak.
The "Lead Administrator"
The "Lead Administrator" is the only person with the authority to invite other members to join the letting agency account on HomeHak.
The "Lead Administrator" (Lead Admin) is the first person from a letting agency to join HomeHak. The Lead Admin has the most authority and administrator rights in HomeHak for an agency.
Extra functions of the Lead admin on HomeHak, over a regular member of the letting agency, include:
- Invitation of colleagues to join the Letting Agency account in HomeHak (see below)
- Editing the details about the letting agency that are shown to users of HomeHak
- Transfer responsibility for editing the information details about the letting agency in HomeHak
- Ability to log in as a colleague who is a member of HomeHak. This is for when a colleague is absent and their work needs attention (e.g. tenant or landlord communications, property listing, reference verification).
- Manage subscriptions for each colleague at the agency who is a member of HomeHak
- Remove someone from the agency account in HomeHak who has left the letting agency.
First things first.
The Lead Admin must ensure they have set up their own account properly before they invite other users to join. This requires the following actions;
- Register as an Agent on HomeHak, with a secure password and verify their mobile number. Follow the steps for normal agent set-up as instructed by the platform.
- Populate their own profile on HomeHak - populate the "Profile input" section.
- Create the profile for the letting agency on HomeHak. Populate the "Agency details" section. The details entered in this section will automatically feature on the profile page of every member agent. This is to ensure consistency.
- ID Verification is strongly encouraged for all agents and landlords. The state of the art process is provided by Stripe and takes from two to five minutes. This service for agents is unique to HomeHak and offers a great and simple opportunity to demonstrate trustworthiness.
How to invite colleagues to join the Letting Agency account in HomeHak
- To access "Settings" (most menu items) always click the photo on the top right corner.
- Go to the "Agency users" section.
- Click on "Invitation to new users". This will generate a popup.
- In the popup that appears after you press "Invitation to new users" button, enter the email addresses of the people you would like to invite to use HomeHak. Separate each email address with a comma.
- Edit the personal message if you wish, and then click "Send Invitation"
The colleagues you have invited to join your account in HomeHak will receive an email. When they click on the "Check it out" button, they will be asked to register. This requires them to create a strong password and then authenticate their membership with a second layer of security using their mobile phone.
Once agents become members, they can benefit from all the features on HomeHak during their free trial period and thereafter if they become subscribed members.
It is important that agents take 10 minutes, in the beginning, to complete their profile so they represent themselves and the letting agency well. A nice photo can be taken and uploaded using their mobile phone and goes a long way to endear them to tenants and landlords. ID Verification takes about two minutes and is a great way to demonstrate trustworthiness.